As a software publisher, licensing your software sets the terms in which your end users agree to use, repurpose, and distribute your organization’s work. You need a system which helps implement and enforce your license agreements. LicenseSpring gives you the flexibility to configure the right license model in your software applications quickly. We are cloud-based, removing the hassle of setting up and maintaining your own licensing server.
LicenseSpring supports the following components
- Node Locking: In order to verify the uniqueness of a machine using a licensed application, our SDKs use a proprietary algorithm to compute a hash of the computer activating and checking the status of a license.
- Offline Licensing: Sometimes an application needs to run in environments with limited internet connectivity. Our SDKs allow to activate and to check the status of a license in these environments.
- Floating Licenses: Easily configure pooled licensing resources for a private network.
- Consumption Licensing: license your application on a pay-per-use basis
- Subscription Licensing: Ensure the validity period of a license is synchronized with your recurring billing cycle.
- VM Detection: Issue licenses which allow or prevent usage on a virtual machine.
- Key or User Licensing
- Site Licenses: Issue a license which works for a whole organization, without having to issue individual licenses for each end user.
How do I use LicenseSpring?
Getting up and running is easy!
- Set up and activate your LicenseSpring account by filling out a request to open an account. A LicenseSpring representative will review your application and open your account. You will then retrieve your private API keys
- Configure the products and license models within the LicenseSpring platform.
- Add our SDK into your application, or use our webhooks so that you can activate, deactivate, and check the status of a license within your applications.
- Optionally integrate with 3rd party e-commerce and fulfilment platforms. Please visit our documentation for more information on getting started.
What licensing models are supported on LicenseSpring?
With LicenseSpring, you can pretty much configure any license type you like: perpetual licensing, time-based licensing, subscription models, node-locked licenses, Consumption-based licensing, and user-based licensing. You can combine most of the models to create a custom model that fits your business model.
Trial / Perpetual
What is Features Licensing?
LicenseSpring reduces the complexity of distributing multiple versions of your application. Instead of creating a lite, standard, premium, and ultimate version of your app, you can create a base product, and use features licensing to unlock or trigger the download and activation of different components. Our customers who find it the most helpful are software publishers with modular applications, apps with many different plugins and extensions, or even games with DLC and micro transactions.
Can a License be modified once it has been created?
There are a few modifications that can be made to the license from the LicenseSpring account platform. You can change the number of maximum activations for a license, add or remove features. You can also reset, disable, or re-enable a license key. However, once a license is created, you cannot change the type of a license (example from perpetual to consumption-based, for example).
How does LicenseSpring prevent licenses from being shared?
The statuses of all licenses are checked against the record kept on our servers. Every license is node-locked by default, meaning that it can only be used on a defined number of computers. When a license is activated, a fingerprint of the computer is used to uniquely identify it. If the license key is shared, it will use up an activation for each new device, until the maximum number of activations has been reached.
Trusted for our Customer Support and our Security
12 hours average