Software Licensing API
Easily control the state of your software according to your license agreements
If you’re distributing commercial software, you need a license manager that is always available, easy to use, and powerful enough to integrate with your existing systems. LicenseSpring Provides 2 APIs:
The License API
The primary interface that the applications you distribute use to communicate with the LicenseSpring service, to perform tasks such as license activations, validations, or send license usage information
- Strong Encryption: Communication between the client and the server uses modern encryption to sign and verify requests between the server and the client, which can help protect against Man-in-the-middle attacks.
- Comprehensive Client - Server Interface: Activate, deactivate, send usage data, retrieve license information all on the licensed device
Some of the License API’s Available Web Hooks include:
- Activate / Deactivate Licenses
- Check for license entitlement updates
- Retrieve a trial license
- Retrieve product application details
- Authenticate Licensed User via Single-Sign-On
The Management API
We created a separate API for all of your back-office operations. You can use LicenseSpring’s Management API to push data into your own data warehouses, create licenses through your CRM or e-commerce portals, or read and write information on your licenses.
- Issue / Revoke Licenses programmatically: Use the management API to issue new licenses or edit them through an external source of truth, such as SalesForce, or a Recurring Billing System
- Export Data to internal systems: Useful for Data Analysts, Sales Teams, or Product Marketing, you can retrieve most relevant information using the management API, including the License, Order, Customer, product and device information.
- Control API access and permissions: You can create as many access keys as needed and add labels to them, as well as set them to read-only. These keys can be disabled or deleted as any time.
How do I get started using your Software Licensing APIs?
It’s easy and you can get set up in minutes. Simply fill out our contact form requesting an account. Once approved, you will gain access to the vendor platform, where you can configure products, issue licenses, and retrieve license keys for both the License and the Management API
When using the License or the Management API, is the communication between the client and the server secure?
On the License API:
Are there any ports that I should whitelist?
- To use the License API, `api.licensespring.com` on port `443` should be open
- To use the management API, `saas.licensespring.com` on port `443` should be whitelisted
We can also white label the base URL to your own subdomain upon request.
Do I have to use your Management API to programmatically issue licenses?
We maintain no-code integrations to Stripe and to FastSpring. A third party maintains a plugin to Shopify
Trusted for our Customer Support and our Security
12 hours average